The purpose of this policy is to define appropriate use of University electronic resources.
Appropriate use reflects:
- Academic honesty
- Respect for intellectual property, ownership of data, and copyright laws
- Adhering to system security mechanisms
The following activities are prohibited:
- Accessing another person’s computer account, files, or other data.
- Revealing your user name and password to another person.
- Attempting to identify security loopholes, to decrypt secured data, to obtain passwords or access control information, or to gain unauthorized access to any system.
- Engaging in any activity that may be purposefully harmful to systems or to any information stored thereon.
- Unauthorized use of copyrighted material. This includes unauthorized digitizing and distributing material from copyrighted sources