The Wilson University Wellness Center is designed to complement the university’s mission statement by providing spiritual and emotional support and encouragement to students as they grow to become world class leaders. The Wilson University Wellness Center offers online resources and phone consults with professional counselors in a nurturing environment. Services are available to all currently enrolled undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree students at Wilson University. If further counseling is needed beyond the free phone consult, students will be referred to a professional Christian counselor for private counseling (not included in the Wellness Center services).
Need to talk to somebody?
- If it is an emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- If you’d like to speak with a professional counselor at The Wellness Center, call Wilson University at (916) 681.2768, and ask to leave a message for The Wellness Center. A professional counselor will return your call within 1-2 business days.
- If you know that you would like to receive regular weekly counseling sessions and would like to connect with your counselor directly (without receiving a free phone consult from the Wellness Center), you may use the IASC search directory to find an apostolic counselor near you.
Mental Health Resources
- College and Your Mental Health
- Coping with Suicidal Thoughts and Safety Plan Template (PDF)
- Free Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Recognizing the Emotionally Distressed Student/Faculty/Staff
- Stress Index Scale
- Work-Life Balance Quiz (PDF)
Adjusting to College Life
- Cornell Note-taking Method
- Hints for Becoming a Successful Student
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Smart Tips
- Weekly Blueprint
Memory and Concentration
Violence & Sexual Assault Support Services